I am a writer, art & film historian, academic, seeker of tenure, lover of books, adult ballet student and melancholic. I am easily distracted by shiny things, blank books and office supplies. I am also living with metastatic breast cancer.
A little more info at about.me
25 more things about me:
1. The middle and ring fingers on my left hand are just a little webbed, so my wedding ring is always askew.
2. My dad died on January 7, 2001. He fell asleep on the couch while doing a crossword puzzle, and I miss him every day.
3. I loathe broccoli.
4. I worked in an occult bookstore in Long Beach, CA for three years, and as a phone psychic for two years.
5. I don’t swim well.
My husband is the only reason I’m not vegetarian. I am a vegetarian.
7. I reference Family Guy episodes in my lectures on a regular basis.
8. I dream of someday owning a pair of Christian Labouton stilettos in a thoroughly impractical color
9. When I was a kid I wanted to be a surgeon.
10. I saw my first dead person when I was around 12 and visited my sister at the L.A. County Coroner’s Office. In fact, I saw a lot of them during my visits.
11. When I retire, I want to live in Paris and start smoking again.
12. My first R-rated movie was Carrie when I was ten. My mom loved horror movies and took me to every slasher and horror film that came out during the 1980s.
13. I have
three four tattoos.
14. I like puppies better than children.
15. In high school I was convinced that I would be incapable of learning to drive.
16. I am an atheist.
17. I met the cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (except SMG) at the San Diego Comic-Con.
18. I decide what conferences I want to attend based on potential shopping.
19. I can’t be away from a major city for too long.
20. I have scrapbooks full of images from fashion magazines.
21. I don’t really enjoy visiting art museums.
22. I almost fell to my knees when I saw Michelangelo’s Bound Slave at the Louvre.
23. I collect Buddha statues.
24. I have a fetish for blank books and stationery.
25. I think my husband is really hot.